Student Ambassador applications are open!
Our student ambassador are a team of friendly and enthusiastic students who are the face and voice of Dudley College.
They help us represent and promote our college to future students by supporting a variety of activities and events. As well as being a positive role model, they’ll be expected to communicate what life is like as a student and encourage them to pursue their educational aspirations by applying to their area of study.
They will be supported in their role and gain skills that will be of great value throughout their life and future career. To thank you them for their hard work, they’ll be able to take advantage of an exciting range of rewards.
New for 2022/2023, we’re appointing a series of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) ambassadors who will also support and organise a range of EDI related events and activities throughout the year. To become an EDI ambassador, please express your interest on the application form.Apply Now
Find out more in our helpful FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) below.
To apply, please visit our application form. To be eligible to become an ambassador you must:
- Be a current student studying on a course with us
- Be flexible and willing to occasionally work on weekends and evenings
- Meet some or all of the desired personal qualities
Once you’ve applied, we’ll be in touch to have an informal chat about your application.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your role as an ambassador is an important one and there’s plenty for you to get involved with! You’ll support the college with a wide range of activities, including:
- Helping at open events throughout the year
- Guiding future students and their parents/carers on a college tour
- Create content for college social media channels e.g creating your own videos and photos
- Visiting schools to talk to future students about your experiences at college
- Engaging in college marketing and recruitment campaigns
- Supporting the production of advertising content for the website, prospectus and social media
- Taking part in Equality, Diversity & Inclusion activities such as events or extracurricular tasks
Our student ambassador programme is flexible, so you can fit this role around your studies and any other part time jobs you may have. At a minimum, you are expected to help at our open events throughout the academic year. We’ll also be in touch with a range of exciting activities and additional events for you to get involved with.
We’re looking for a team player who is willing to get involved and be a positive role model to future students. You will be passionate about learning and able to confidently share your own personal experiences with others.
Here are some of the qualities we expect you to have (and develop along the way):
- Be friendly and enthusiastic
- Have great communication skills
- Be proactive and engaging
- Be punctual and reliable
- Able to take initiative
Becoming a student ambassador is not just about being a fantastic role model to others, it’s also about your own personal development. Not only will this opportunity help you grow as a person, it will also offer you the chance to gain skills that will be of great value throughout your life and future career.
You’ll benefit from a great range of rewards and be able to:
- Get an Ambassador starter pack including free merchandise
- Receive shopping vouchers to thank you for your hard work
- Build your confidence and improve your communication skills
- Enhance your CV and UCAS application
- Get a professional reference for future employment
- Gain practical experience in customer service, marketing and events management
- Make great connections and meet new people.