In partnership with Stourbridge Football Club, we offer a professional football programme which is open to both males and females. This allows you to combine your academic studies with competitive playing.
You will gain opportunities within football coaching, leadership, and volunteering, alongside studying a full-time qualification, whilst maintaining a focus on football, health, and fitness. This programme is perfect for anyone keen to improve their technical and personal skills, to work towards a dual career within football.
The Academy Includes:
- High level sport specific training, a minimum of twice a week from UEFA B qualified coaches, which is incorporated around the study programme of your choice.
- Competitive/Friendly matches linked to The FA National League U19 Alliance and AoC Sport.
- A direct pathway into the Stourbridge FC Men’s or Women’s Section.
- Analysis sessions with feedback on performance and progression.
- Opportunities for the best players to be nominated for ECFA National team trials.
- Opportunities for exit routes into local clubs and teams beyond college.
- Full training, travel and match-day kit.
- Advice and guidance on nutrition and exercise programming.
- Coaching/leadership and volunteering opportunities.
- Use of 4G playing/ training facilities and fully equipped gym suite, as part of individual strength and conditioning sessions
Our Stourbridge Men’s and Women’s Football Academy will be holding assessment days on the Wednesday 1st November 2023, Wednesday 14th February 2024 and Wednesday 29th May 2024 for any prospective college students for the forthcoming academic year (September 2024). These assessment days are for football players who are looking to apply for an academic course at Dudley College and are designed to give both players and parents an introduction to the Stourbridge Football Academy and provide the opportunity to ask any unanswered questions regarding the education provision at Dudley College.
To register your interest, complete this short form.
For further information regarding the sports academies, contact the Sports Development Curriculum Leader firstname.lastname@example.org.
What the day entails:
- Tour of Dudley College’s learning quarter and sports facilities.
- Presentation, providing prospective students and parent’s information regarding the study programme and football academy.
- Fitness testing.
- Coaching session.
- Individual assessment.