This course is aimed at candidates who want to work as Plasterers in the construction sector.
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualification Level 2 Diploma in Plastering.
On this course you will study:
• Prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials
• Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
• Fix sheet materials
• Apply floating coats to wall
• Apply setting coats to wall
• Quantities and communicating with others
• Building methods and construction technology
• How to carry out safe working practices in construction
• Functional skills/GCSE in maths & English
• Work experience
• Performance improvement programme
• Oral examination
• Practical examination
• Online examination/test.
Protective clothing, footwear and writing materials are required. We recommend the purchase of the Construction dress code e.g. polo shirts etc.
Diploma in Plastering C&G Level 1
Progression will be onto the Level 2 Plastering qualification or into an apprenticeship.
Progression will depend on set criteria of passing the level 1, Good attendance, Good punctuality and positive attitude to learning.
Maths and English grade must be a Minimum of GCSE 3/D or Functional skills at L1 in both subjects.