C&G NVQ Level 1 Hairdressing Certificate
The course consists of a variety of Hairdressing units:
• Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
• Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
• Support Health and Safety in salon
• Blow dry hair
• Assist with colouring and lightening services
• Plait and twist hair using basic techniques
• Assist with salon reception duties
• Functional skills/GCSE Resit
• Work experience and voluntary work
You are assessed by a variety of methods including:
• Practical observations
• Oral questioning
• Written modular tests.
• Production of a portfolio of evidence
You are expected to take part in the college's work experience programme and open days during your course of study.
A Salon assistant capable of meeting and greeting clients in a professional manner, preparing them for treatments and services working alongside other qualified members of the salon.
A hairdressing kit is required along with a protective dress code/clothing approximately- £48.50
Hairdressing kit approximately – £101.00
Hairdressing Level 2
You must demonstrate good presentation skills, show a genuine interest in the hairdressing industry and display a positive attitude to study. Initial assessment in Maths and English at E3 or GCSE grade 3 (D-G) or above and a willingness to continue to study Maths and English to improve your grades.