Higher National qualifications in Architectural Technology for England include enhanced work-related curriculum that is designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways, equipping students with the right skills and competencies for the workplace, or progression to further higher education study.
Delivery Model: Full time (2 days per week for 30 weeks, September - May)
The academic year is split into 2 semesters, for each semester 4 modules will be completed and assessed. The workload is fast paced engaging and ever evolving with modern construction methodologies. We use the latest technology delivered at the impressive Black Country and Marches Institute of Technology.
Occupational Profile: Pathways have been aligned to IfATE occupational standard - Construction Design and Build Technician.
The course aims to:
• Give students the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to achieve high performance in the international construction environment.
• Develop students with enquiring minds, who have the abilities and confidence to work across different business functions and to lead, manage, respond to change, and tackle a range of complex construction situations
• Provide the core skills required for a range of careers in construction, specifically those related to management and operations
• Offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for
students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic ambitions
• Develop students’ understanding of the major impact that new digital technologies have on the construction environment
• Provide insight into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a global marketplace
• Equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse
organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values, and to allow flexible study to meet local and specialist needs.